1. Google “Chinese Gender Chart”.
2. Click on a link that looks interesting.
3. Try to figure out which month each child was conceived in.
4. Then try to remember how old I was at the time.
5. Almost give up because it’s taking too much brain power.
6. Finally figure it out.
7. Take note that the Chinese Lunar Calendar was accurate for the first two children but not for the third.
8. Then realize that this current (Yes, I’m still pregnant!) baby is supposed to be a boy.
9. Ponder whether the Chinese Lunar Calendar is going to be accurate 3/4 of the time or since it was wrong last time it’s going to be wrong this time, as a way of compensating.
10. Notice that the polls show it is accurate 70-something percent of the time.
11. Consider the possibility that there’s no definitive way of knowing until the child makes his or her appearance.
12. Realize that you’ve just successfully wasted 13 minutes of your non-laboring due date.