1. You have to forward your mail from two different addresses. (Personally, I’ve had to do it from three.)
2. It physically pains you to get rid of perfectly good boxes. You know you’ll need them again someday.
3. You look forward to moving because you can stop cleaning the house three weeks prior. (You’ll never have to clean that bathroom again!)
4. You run out of space on those forms that ask for your addresses for the last 7 years. (Five lines might not be enough, people!)
5. You have to write all your prior addresses in your address book just to keep them all straight.
6. You can’t relate to people when they say they still have boxes not unpacked from their move 6 years ago. (Seriously?)
7. Though you completely understand when they talk about long-term storage in another state.
8. You’re moving next Tuesday and only one box is packed and you’re not at all worried. Okay, maybe a little bit. But it can’t be as bad as that other move.
9. When people ask where you’re from, you sigh and ask how much time they have. And then you say that, no, you’re not in the military.
10. And true confession time…You start planning the funny change-of-address e-mails that you’re known for, months in advance. In fact, you have two sitting in your drafts folder and one in your head and you just can’t decide which one to send.
I can’t be the only one! Right?
C’mon! Tell me what you love or hate about moving!
(When I read this to Mr. French, he said, “the funny thing is that none of them are an exaggeration.” “Yeah, I know.” said I.)